Merry Christmas, Darling!
And you know I would have written sooner, but I’ve been down with a terrible cold and then tried to play catch up with all the Christmas preparations. But I never stopped talking to you in my heart, Jesus, and you know I am so very grateful for you, the relationship we share and for everything you’ve ever done for me and those I love. You are my One of a kind forever Love…
At the beginning of December, I challenged all of us to complete the Christmas Marriage Gratitude Dare for our spouse. A daily listing of our thankfulness each day in December to be presented to our mate on Christmas morning in whatever creative way you chose.
Michael and I loved our gratitude gift to each other so much that he suggested we keep it up, every week, all through the year, as a way to grow in gratitude. And this is itself a gift to God that makes his heart smile.
In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
So how did you do? And how did your homemade gift from the heart impact your husband? Or wife? I’d love to know so please leave me a comment!
While under the weather the week before Christmas I managed to complete my list for my Michael, but didn’t have the energy to sit at the computer and compose this post to my Jesus. So, while it’s still the Twelve Days of Christmas, here are a few of the countless things I sincerely thank you for — My Father, my Lord Jesus, my Precious Spirit…
- You really love me. All the time, no matter what, like no one ever has. And all those years I went searching for love in futile, foolish ways and yet you were always here, tending the home fires, waiting for me.
- Forgiveness and you giving me a fresh start, more than once.
- Patience when I forget and choose sin, or have repeated mistakes and gone my own way.
- Grace and more grace, abundant grace, always grace.
- You are truth.
- And always trustworthy.
- You are my hiding place.
- My strong tower, my refuge.
- My ever present help in times of trouble.
- You are my BFF and the lover of my soul.
- You keep company with me and are always courting me.
- You are protection and provision.
- You are healing and the Great Physician.
- I can always count on you being there for me, holding me, your presence a constant comfort.
- While people and things change, you are steady, solid, never shifting, my Rock.
- You never leave me, not physically, not emotionally, not nothing. Ever!
- You have made me your own, my name tattooed on the palm of your hand.
- You love me and will forever, with a love that is older than the stars and reaches further than our ever expanding universe.
- You have redeemed me, summoned me by name.
- I am precious and honored in your sight.
- I am yours.
- And you are mine.
- And because I have you I have real life, now and always.
- Without fear.
- But with peace.
- And I love you, my Prince of Peace.
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.